The Bank of Uganda has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Bank of South Sudan with the aim of sharing knowledge and experience in different areas of banking.
Speaking at the signing ceremony in Kampala on Sept. 28, Emmanuel Tumusiime Mutebile, the governor of Bank of Uganda said the move would see BoU provide their South Sudanese counterparts with technical assistance in a number of areas.
He said the MoU is intended to establish a framework of mutual assistance and facilitate exchange of information between the two banks as they fulfill their regulatory and supervisory responsibilities.
The areas agreed upon include banking and financial cooperation, technical cooperation in areas of monetary and economic policy formulation, capacity and institutional building among others.
South Sudan, the world’s youngest country, is still trying to build its fledgling macroeconomic and financial services systems among other sectors.
Newer news items:
- From Vermont to South Sudan - vt.Buzz (blog) - 02/10/2012
- Replay: Journey to South Sudan video chat - Sioux Falls Argus Leader - 01/10/2012
- South Sudan's application to join regional bloc hits a snag - Daily Nation - 01/10/2012
- From Vermont to South Sudan - BurlingtonFreePress.com (blog) - 01/10/2012
- US, South Sudan service members partner during courses - DVIDS - 01/10/2012
Older news items:
- South Sudan: Lost Boy's network ingrained in culture - Sioux Falls Argus Leader - 30/09/2012
- South Sudan's vice president visits refugees in Hurst - Fort Worth Star Telegram - 29/09/2012
- Sudan, South Sudan agree on metering to avoid disputes - Chicago Tribune - 29/09/2012
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012
- Oil Company: S. Sudan to Pump as Soon as Possible - ABC News - 28/09/2012
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20247 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18056 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16066 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15171 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12705 times