Irrigation Minister Mohamed Abdel Aati (www.sis.gov.eg)
Irrigation Minister Mohamed Abdel Aati said cooperation with South Sudan contributes to achieving the goals of sustainable development via carrying out developmental projects that aim at improving the living standards of the people.
This came during Abdel Aati’s talks with his visiting South Sudanese counterpart Manawa Peter Gatkuoth and his accompanying delegation.
The visit aims at boosting cooperation between Egypt and South Sudan and probing issues of mutual interest.
Abdel Aati lauded strong ties binding Egypt and South Sudan, shedding light on the current projects implemented for the interest of both peoples.
Abdel Aati said his ministry established six groundwater wells in Juba in addition to other different projects that contribute to creating job opportunities, developing fishing methods, establishing fish farms, protecting villages and cultivated lands from drowning because of flood waters.
Meanwhile, Gatkuoth said South Sudan is looking forward to more cooperation with Egypt.
Newer news items:
- Former US president Barack Obama joins NBA Africa as a strategic partner - 30/07/2021
- Tribal clashes in Sudan's Kordofan kill 20 - 30/07/2021
- Heavy rainfall affects White Nile camp for South Sudanese refugees - 30/07/2021
- Kiir accused of delaying deputy interior minister appointment - 30/07/2021
- EAC lauds Kenya for waiving visa requirements for South Sudan citizens - 30/07/2021
Older news items:
- Chinese doctors end South Sudanese mother's nightmares of miscarriage - 29/07/2021
- Disturbing wave of extrajudicial executions on the rise in South Sudan’s Warrap State – UN experts note - 29/07/2021
- Google joins the Smart Africa Alliance to Drive Digital Transformation in Africa - 29/07/2021
- Vietnamese, Indian Level-2 Field Hospitals in South Sudan hold joint training - 28/07/2021
- More Rwandan peacekeepers in South Sudan get UN medals - 28/07/2021
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20247 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18053 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16066 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15170 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12703 times