Canadian supplier of mobile and broadband wireless solutions NuRAN Wireless has signed a memorandum of understanding with MTN South Sudan for the deployment of rural sites under the network-as-a-service (NAAS) model.
According to a NuRAN press release, the contract covers the deployment of sites through the build, own, operate, and transfer (BOOT) revenue share model.
The companies intend to install a minimum of 250 rural networking sites in South Sudan within the next 24 months, subject to the conclusion of a definitive agreement with a ten-year term within four months of the signature of the MOU.
The agreement is intended to provide mobile connectivity solutions through the NuRAN NAAS model.
"Adding South Sudan to the NuRAN portfolio is another important step towards achieving our goal of 10,000 sites. Bringing connectivity to the unconnected is at the heart of our business strategy and the benefits extend beyond communication including e-commerce, education and healthcare. We are very proud to be working with MTN on this important project," said Francis Letourneau, CEO at NuRAN Wireless Inc.
MTN is an emerging market mobile operator providing a diverse range of voice, data, digital, fintech, wholesale and enterprise services to more than 280 Million customers in 21 markets. Established in South Africa at in 1994, it offers services to communities across Africa and the Middle East.
Newer news items:
- Corrupt African politician who spent £200,000 on Michael Jackson glove hit by sanctions - 22/07/2021
- Chinese tech Huawei, ignored by the West, is taking over Africa's cyberspace - 22/07/2021
- For South Sudan mothers, COVID-19 shook a fragile foundation - 22/07/2021
- Ugandan farmers chased from South Sudan border gardens - 21/07/2021
- UNMISS hands over newly constructed police station in Western Bahr El Ghazal, boosting law and order - 21/07/2021
Older news items:
- Kenya U23 in search of semi-final berth with victory over South Sudan - 20/07/2021
- U.S. Quietly Gives Up On South Sudan War Crimes Court - 20/07/2021
- Peacefulness decreases slightly in sub-Saharan Africa - 20/07/2021
- South Sudan athletes to top off prolonged stay in Japan on high - 19/07/2021
- South Sudan: Shelter Cluster Factsheet, Q2 - 2021 - 19/07/2021
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20317 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18189 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16153 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15253 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12784 times