Hippos will return to action on Wednesday when they take on Burundi (©newvision.co.ug)
Hippos will return to action on Wednesday when they take on Burundi
Ten man Uganda Hippos started the Central East Zone AFCON U20 qualifiers in Tanzania with a goalless draw against South Sudan today.
Despite the draw, the Hippos were the better side on the day although most of their scoring opportunities were wasted with Bobosi Byaruhanga the main culprit.
Uganda, who played the biggest part of the game a man short following the sending off of KCCA FC defender Musa Ramathan in the 36th minute, didn't do enough in the opponent's box.
The result continues to reflect that South Sudan is becoming a hard nut for Uganda.
A week ago South Sudan managed to defeat Cranes 1-0 away in Nairobi, Kenya in the 2021 AFCON qualifiers.
The U-20 Africa Cup of Nations Zonal qualifiers that kicked off on Sunday are expected to climax on December 6 and have attracted different teams like Djibouti, Somalia, Burundi, Ethiopia and Kenya among others.
At the Zonal qualifiers, Uganda is in Group B with Burundi and South Sudan.
Hippos will return to action on Wednesday when they take on Burundi.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan Copyright Design Peer-to-Peer Exchange with the United Republic of Tanzania - 24/11/2020
- South Sudan Wants To Diversify Oil Exploration Sector, Invites Russian Firms - Ambassador - 24/11/2020
- China to support mutual collaboration with South Sudan - 24/11/2020
- One million people affected by Nile River floods. “This is what climate change looks like” - South Sudan - 24/11/2020
- For the first time, a woman has been appointed to head a university in South Sudan - 23/11/2020
Older news items:
- Sudan: Blackout in South Darfur Capital - 23/11/2020
- Uganda, South Sudan defence chiefs resolve on promoting regional peace, security and stability - 23/11/2020
- Ebola Eradication Act: Combating Disease in DRC, South Sudan and Burundi - 22/11/2020
- USA - Funeral service for young SouthSudanese hit-and-run victim highlights the joy he provided others - 21/11/2020
- Transforming opportunities for a generation of girls in South Sudan - 21/11/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19890 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 17380 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15610 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14836 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12320 times