Handing over of Jellei parking water yard in Nimule Tuesday 17th November 2020. [Photo: Radio Tamazuj]
The South Sudan Red Cross (SSRC) has officially handed over a clean water facility to Jelle residential area in Nimule town of Eastern Equatoria State this week as a contribution towards the fight against Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Jelle Parking yard water system is a project funded by the Turkish Red Crescent Society and implemented by the SSRC to improve access to safe water in communities.
“Am very happy to join the handover ceremony of Jelle Parking water yard in Nimule. This is another great achievement of the South Sudan red cross and Turkish red crescent am glad that as auxiliary organizations we provide contributions to the Covid-19 response of the government authorities in South Sudan. I hope the communities living nearby will reap the benefit of this water facility," said Hakim Sertac, the Turkish Red Crescent delegate during the handover.
Jelle Parking yard, where lorries crossing the border park under custom services, is located approximately 6 kilometers north of Nimule town.
Hakim added that in collaboration with SSRC, they are constructing latrines at Nimule Hospital Covid-19 isolation center.
SSRC WASH manager in Juba Mr. Mittu David says the water system will benefit around 300 people and called on them to ensure the facility is protected.
“We are handing this facility to you and you have to take care of it because it is a precious asset in fighting Covid-19 and also other diseases," he pleaded.
Angelo Wani, chief of Jellei Boma in Nimule quarter council thanked the donors for the support while calling for similar services to be extended to other residential areas.
Newer news items:
- UNHCR Ethiopia Refugee Response Plan: Quarterly Monitoring Report, PoCs from South Sudan, January 2020 - June 2020 - 20/11/2020
- Sagar II: INS Airavat reaches Kenya with food aid for South Sudan - 20/11/2020
- Four Things to Know About How Fragile States Like South Sudan Are Coping With COVID-19 - 20/11/2020
- South Sudan, Chad ranked the worst nations to be a girl in Africa - 20/11/2020
- Local View: Conflict erupting in Ethiopia, the world's silence is deafening - 19/11/2020
Older news items:
- Lamwo residents flee homes in fear of armed South Sudan bandits - 19/11/2020
- UNHCR hails South Sudan for adopting inclusive policies on displaced persons - 19/11/2020
- UN Warns of 'Famines of Biblical Proportions' - 19/11/2020
- In UN of Corrupt Guterres Staff Say He Spies On Them While 2bl Standard for His Cronies - 19/11/2020
- Video: South Sudan Child Soldiers - More than 300 children released by armed groups - 19/11/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19890 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 17380 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15611 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14836 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12320 times