Tokmac Nguen (©youtube)
Tokmac Nguen’s strike in Ferencvaros’ 2-2 draw versus Dynamo Kiev has been shortlisted for the Champions League Goal of the Week.
With the Ukrainian Premier League side leading 2-0 at Budapest’s Groupama Arena thanks to goals from Viktor Tsyhankov and Carlos de Pena, the 27-year-old winger pulled a goal back for the Green Eagles in the 59th minute.
Oleksandr Zubkov chipped a ball into the Dynamo Kiev box and Ngeun took it under control. He found space and fired a right-footed effort into the far corner from 12 yards.
In the closing stages of the game, Franck Boli levelled matters for Serhiy Rebrov’s team as the Hungarian topflight side picked their first point in Group G as well as their first group stage point in 25 years.
The stunning strike from the former Norway youth international has been nominated along with efforts from Joshua Kimmich's goal for Bayern Munich against Locomotive Moscow, Marcus Thuram's strike for Borussia Monchengladbach versus Real Madrid and Duvan Zapata's effort for Atalanta versus Ajax.
Next up for Ferencvaros is a trip to Fehervar back in the Hungarian topflight whilst Dynamo Kiev face a trip to SC Dnipro-1 in Ukraine.
Born in Kenya to South Sudanese parents, Nguen who has scored 10 times across all competitions for Rebrov’s side this season is eligible to represent either the Bright Stars or Harambee Stars at senior international level.
He was called up by the South Sudan national team in September 2019.
Newer news items:
- Cambodian man serving as UN officer in South Sudan tests positive for COVID-19 - 29/10/2020
- Squabbling Over the Waters of the River Nile - 29/10/2020
- Four Killed in South Sudan-Uganda Border Skirmish - 29/10/2020
- South Sudan: Lt. Gen. Kabbashi and Al-Taayeshi Leave for Juba - 29/10/2020
- Militaries of South Sudan, Uganda confirm clash near border - 29/10/2020
Older news items:
- Kenyan govt starts building USD 27 mln fibre cable at South Sudan border with World Bank co-funding - 29/10/2020
- Accelerating the elimination of bilharzia in South Sudan amid the COVID-19 pandemic - 28/10/2020
- UN peacekeepers withdraw from South Sudan civilian protection sites - 28/10/2020
- South Sudan NGO Forum Statement on NGO Safety, Security and Hiring - 28/10/2020
- Egypt to Offer 400 University Scholarships to South Sudanese Students - 28/10/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19897 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 17389 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15620 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14842 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12325 times