Addis Ababa September 9/2020(ENA) Heavy rainfall above 200 mm is expected in parts of Ethiopia, South Sudan and Kenya in the coming eight days, according to Inter-governmental Authority on Development (IGAD).
The press release issued by IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Center today stated that moderate rainfall from 50-200 mm is also expected from September 22-29 in southern parts of Sudan, much of South Sudan, western and central Ethiopia, parts of north-eastern Somalia, much of Uganda, central and western Kenya, and most parts of Rwanda and Burundi.
It further said light rainfall less than 50 mm is forecasted in central parts of Sudan, western Eritrea; parts of northern, southern and eastern Ethiopia; coastal parts of Djibouti, parts of south-eastern South Sudan, northern and Southern Somalia, north-western and south-eastern Kenya, few areas of north-eastern and western Uganda, and parts of north-western and eastern coast of Tanzania.
Dry conditions are expected in parts of western, southern and central Tanzania; northern and north-eastern Kenya, central Somalia, parts of south-eastern and north-eastern Ethiopia, eastern parts of Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Sudan, was indicated.
Newer news items:
- United States Announces Nearly $108 Million in New Humanitarian Assistance to Help the People of South Sudan - 24/09/2020
- Flooding pushes already devastated South Sudan further to the brink - 23/09/2020
- South Sudan Catholics return to church after five months - 23/09/2020
- South Sudan government figures embezzled $36m: UN panel - 23/09/2020
- Corruption on Epic Scale Robs Future of South Sudan’s People, UN Report Finds - 23/09/2020
Older news items:
- UNICEF and UNESCO welcome the decision to reopen schools in South Sudan - 22/09/2020
- UNESCO: Strengthening Policy Implementation for stakeholders through Capacity Building in South Sudan - 22/09/2020
- President Al-Sisi reaffirms Egypt's support for South Sudan - 22/09/2020
- African Development Bank Covid-19 Response Grant Is Saving Lives in South Sudan - 22/09/2020
- South Sudan Catholics Return to Church - 22/09/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19891 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 17382 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15611 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14838 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12321 times