Egypt’s head of General Intelligence Service (GIS) Abbas Kamel visited South Sudan on Wednesday for talks with President Salva Kiir and several senior officials, including Vice President Riek Machar.
The visit by the Egyptian general intelligence chief comes under a dispatch by President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi, who delivered a message to Kiir to stress the solidity of relations between Egypt and South Sudan.
Kamel also held an expanded meeting with the leaders of the Sudanese Revolutionary Front (SRF) to discuss final preparations for the peace process between armed factions and Sudan.
Newer news items:
- ‘I’ll paint all the ways South Sudan has suffered’ - 13/08/2020
- Access to basic needs and services in South Sudan: Possible Scenarios - Report - 13/08/2020
- 'Friends of Sudan' extend a helping hand for Khartoum's unity, stability - 13/08/2020
- South Sudan: The corner table in the office - 13/08/2020
- South Sudan: Government Negotiators On Security Arrangements Arrive in Juba - 13/08/2020
Older news items:
- More Flood Devastation in South Sudan - 12/08/2020
- Resilient Ex-Sudanese, Now Australian World Music Legend Gordon Koang Shares Amazing Story ... - 12/08/2020
- Death toll from South Sudan soldiers, civilians clashes hits 127 - 12/08/2020
- More than 120 killed in South Sudan ‘scarf’ disagreement - 12/08/2020
- 'NOT A RANDOM ATTACK': South Sudanese man charged with killing doctor at Alberta clinic in Canada - 11/08/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19789 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 17047 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15447 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14733 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12239 times