30 Jul 2020 - 9:33
Qatar Fund For Development has sent a 7-tonne shipment of urgent medical aid to the Republic of South Sudan.
Qatar Fund For Development (QFFD) has sent a shipment of urgent medical aid to the Republic of South Sudan to support their efforts to contain COVID-19.
The shipment, which weighed 7 tonnes and delivered by Qatar Airways, contained medical equipment and supplies such as medical masks and personal protective equipment for medical staff. Khalifa bin Jassim Al Kuwari, Director General of QFFD said: “This medical assistance reflects the great efforts made by the State of Qatar to combat the spread of this epidemic globally, which comes as a matter of joint global responsibility to try to contain the spread of this pandemic.” Qatar Fund For Development has already provided urgent medical assistance to more than 24 countries since the outbreak of this pandemic.
Newer news items:
- Western Akobo Food Security and Livelihoods Profile, Akobo County, Jonglei State, South Sudan, March 2020 - 31/07/2020
- South Sudan Price Bulletin, July 2020 - 31/07/2020
- Rwanda and Kenya reopen its skies in time for peak tourism - 31/07/2020
- 1.3 mln South Sudanese children under 5 at risk of acute malnutrition: UNICEF - 31/07/2020
- The lies that bind South Sudanese - 31/07/2020
Older news items:
- South Sudan, IOM join forces to fight human trafficking - 29/07/2020
- South Sudan Displacement Crisis: Nyal Port Monitoring - Panyijiar County, Unity State, South Sudan (June 2020) - 29/07/2020
- South Sudan Judge Seeks Reinstatement After Court Ruling Against President Kiir - 29/07/2020
- In Landmark Year, South Sudan Promotes Energy Investment With Webinar And South Sudan Oil Power Event - 29/07/2020
- Reference map of South Sudan (July 2020) - 29/07/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19727 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 16883 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15317 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14654 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12182 times