South Sudan has recorded 23 positive coronavirus cases on Sunday, bringing the total tally of confirmed cases to 1,989.
Of the new cases, 16 are male and 7 are female.
The National Ministry of Health said in a statement that the new confirmed cases were from 82 samples tested, bringing total samples tested in the country to 10,529.
The ministry said the cumulative number of recoveries in the country now stands at 246, while the number of fatalities remains at 36.
It added that a total of 647 contacts that were being traced have been reached and that a total of 3,930 contacts have so far completed their mandatory 14-day follow-up.
The ministry urged the public to follow government guidelines to curb the spread of the disease.
South Sudan has seen a rapid increase in the number of positive cases since the outbreak was first reported in the country in April.
Newer news items:
- Feature: South Sudan's visually impaired persons bear the brunt of COVID-19 - 29/06/2020
- Dozens killed and injured in southern Sudan clashes - 29/06/2020
- South Sudan's Changing Tastes: Conflict, displacement and food imports - 29/06/2020
- Solar-powered radios to battle misinformation on COVID-19 in Eastern Equatoria - 29/06/2020
- Bridge Builders: Strengthening the role of local faith actors in humanitarian response in South Sudan - 29/06/2020
Older news items:
- Australia: Peta Credlin apologises for inaccurately blaming South Sudanese for coronavirus outbreak - 28/06/2020
- Caritas Equips COVID-19 Frontline Health staff in State of South Sudan - 28/06/2020
- Covid-19, violence spreading in South Sudan, UN envoy warns - 28/06/2020
- Hollow Promises: The Risks of Military Integration in Western Equatoria - 26/06/2020
- Turkey donates COVID-19 equipment to S.Sudan - 26/06/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19727 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 16883 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15317 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14654 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12182 times