A junior minister in South Sudan has resigned and accused President Salva Kiir of lacking interest to implement the 2018 peace agreement.
Deputy Interior Minister Mabior Garang was appointed in March when Mr Kiir re-appointed the then opposition leader, Riek Machar, under the terms of the agreement.
Mr Garang said the security situation in the country was worsening.
Communal violence in which hundreds have been killed in Bhar-el-Gazal, Equatoria, Upper Nile, Abyei, Greater Pibor and Rweng were linked to "dismal failure to implement the security arrangements" in the peace deal.
Mr Garang is the son of the late John Garang de Mabior.
The rivalry between President Kiir and Mr Machar triggered a civil war that killed thousands.
Newer news items:
- Interview: South Sudan envoy commends China's COVID-19 medical supplies assistance - 06/06/2020
- South Sudan Businessman Kerbino Agok Wol Takes Up Arms - 05/06/2020
- MC student, South Sudan native helps support refugees through food - 05/06/2020
- Limerick woman preventing spread of COVID-19 in South Sudan - 05/06/2020
- The Humanitarian Hub in Malakal, South Sudan Goes Green - 05/06/2020
Older news items:
- South Sudan denies allowing Egyptian base on its land - 05/06/2020
- South Sudan Leader Sacks 2 Top Officials - 04/06/2020
- South Sudan president's relative shoots, kills 5 persons in Juba - 04/06/2020
- COVID-19: South Sudan rumor tracking overview - Issue #3 - 04/06/2020
- Much of South Sudan’s cabinet has Covid-19. What happened? - 03/06/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20298 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18162 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16132 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15231 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12765 times