This one-year fellowship program is offered to mid-career professionals working at the policy level who have a record of leadership and a commitment to public service. Fellows are based at leading American universities for ten-months to pursue self-designed programs to include independent study, coursework, and an internship with an organization in their field of expertise.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a one-year program of non-degree study and related professional experiences. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between American citizens and their professional counterparts from South Sudan.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States from August 2021 – June 2022. Humphrey program is classified as a non-degree program by the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Humphrey Fellows cannot transfer from non-degree status to degree status under any circumstances.
The Humphrey Fellowship provides:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee.
- A monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities.
- Tuition and university fees.
- Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
Fellowships are available in the following fields:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Sustainable Development
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Democratic Institution Building
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
Applicants for the Humphrey Fellowship must meet all of the following criteria:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Must have completed a 4 years university degree program to qualify for participation in U.S. graduate study programs.
- Have five (5) years of substantial professional experience in their field,
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service, and
- Be fluent in English.
For more information, visit https://ss.usembassy.gov/education-culture/hubert-h-humphrey-fellowship-program/
Newer news items:
- South Sudan denies allowing Egyptian base on its land - 05/06/2020
- South Sudan Leader Sacks 2 Top Officials - 04/06/2020
- South Sudan president's relative shoots, kills 5 persons in Juba - 04/06/2020
- COVID-19: South Sudan rumor tracking overview - Issue #3 - 04/06/2020
- Much of South Sudan’s cabinet has Covid-19. What happened? - 03/06/2020
Older news items:
- South Sudan coronavirus cases pass 1,000 - 02/06/2020
- Japan pledges $821,000 fighting COVID-19 in South Sudan - 02/06/2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: Women peacekeepers in Bentiu continue efforts to protect civilians - 02/06/2020
- IOM, Government of South Sudan to Establish a Point of Entry in Renk - 02/06/2020
- Return pressure builds as COVID-19 hits South Sudan displacement camps - 02/06/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20298 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18162 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16133 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15231 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12765 times