FILE - In this Sunday Oct. 1, 2017 file photo, a truck waits outside a closed petrol station of the Nile Petroleum Corporation in Juba, South Sudan. Oil-rich South Sudan is struggling to increase production of crude several months after the end of its civil war and the signing of a peace deal in September 2019 which helped open the way to resuming drilling in South Sudan's key region of Unity state, but output has been more sluggish than expected in the country with Africa's third-largest oil reserves . (AP Photo/Sam Mednick, File)
CAPE TOWN - South Sudan's ministry of petroleum has released a report providing detailed financial information and statistics of the country’s oil sector.
The ministry said the seventh petroleum report was released to "increase transparency" and outline infrastructure plans.
It provides an overview of world oil markets and fundamentals, price forecasts, oilfield reserves, and the ministry’s marketing performance.
According to a statement released by the ministry, the report forms part of "continued efforts" by petroleum minister Awow Daniel Chuang to promote openness and accountability in the sector.
“We are trying to increase transparency in the country’s oil and gas sector, specifically concerning the financial aspects,” said Chuang.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan: Education Cluster Partner Presence Map | 2019 - 22/02/2020
- South Sudan rebel leader Machar appointed vice president - 21/02/2020
- The Return to Ten States in South Sudan: Does it Restore Peace? - 21/02/2020
- South Sudan finally ready to clean up its oil pollution - 21/02/2020
- South Sudan’s Feuding Leaders Announce Unity Deal, Amid War Crimes Report - 20/02/2020
Older news items:
- South Sudan – a country on its knees: millions of lives at stake as peace deadline looms - 20/02/2020
- South Sudan rivals agree to form coalition - 20/02/2020
- South Sudan citizens 'deliberately starved' by warring parties: UN - 20/02/2020
- South Sudan: Unity government to be formed by Feb 22 - 19/02/2020
- South Sudanese demand leaders 'show us there is peace' - 19/02/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19582 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 16441 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15025 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14477 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12016 times