The Logistics Cluster facilitates the coordination of the logistics response in support of the humanitarian community. Furthermore, it provides information management products to improve the decision making of humanitarian organisations in South Sudan. Where logistics gaps are identified, WFP, as the lead agency of the Logistics Cluster, acts as a Provider of Last Resort by offering common logistics services to support the humanitarian community in their response operations.
• In December, the Logistics Cluster facilitated the transport of 706 mt of humanitarian cargo by air, road, and river to 62 destinations on behalf of 44 organisations.
• During the month, the Logistics Cluster coordinated two inter-agency convoys on behalf of two organisations, transporting humanitarian supplies towards Kapoeta and along the Western Corridor.
• In December 2019, the Logistics Cluster conducted five trainings in Bentiu, Bor, and Juba, training 105 participants from 54 organisations. As part of a global partnership with the Agility Group, the Logistics Cluster engaged with Tristar, a fuel logistics provider, to deliver a training on warehouse safety. Remaining trainees participated in Logistics Cluster Induction and Service Request Form trainings.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan warring parties sign ceasefire deal after peace talks in Rome - 14/01/2020
- South Sudan thrash Somalia in Afro-basketball opener - 14/01/2020
- South African Deputy President Mabuza in Juba to Help Bring Peace to South Sudan - 14/01/2020
- Ethiopia PM asks South Africa leader to help in dam dispute - 12/01/2020
- Know About how Counties in South Sudan Battle Starvation and Floods - 11/01/2020
Older news items:
- South Sudan seeks to boost ties with Turkey - 09/01/2020
- South Sudan launches environmental review tender - 09/01/2020
- Sudan’s prime minister embarks on peace mission to rebel stronghold - 09/01/2020
- South Sudan's VP claims 'wrongly' accused of human rights violations - 09/01/2020
- South Sudan launches US$20 million education project - 09/01/2020
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19657 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 16649 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15194 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14567 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12103 times