Content provided by APO Group. CNBC Africa provides content from APO Group as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. CNBC Africa is not responsible for the content provided by APO Group.Download logo
WHO: Alain Noudéhou, the Humanitarian Coordinator for South Sudan
WHAT: Launch of the South Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan 2020
WHEN: 12 December 2019, 2:30 – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Juba Grand Hotel (Gudele Hall)
Mr. Alain Noudéhou, the Humanitarian Coordinator in South Sudan, and Hon. Hussein Mar Nyuot, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management of South Sudan, will launch the South Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) 2020. The launch of the 2020 HRP will be followed by an interactive panel discussion on Reaching Vulnerable Communities, one of the key themes featured in the response plan. The panel will be composed of three women and three men from national authorities, donors, national and international non-governmental organizations, and the United Nations to reflect the perspectives of the broad range of humanitarian actors who operate in South Sudan.
Hon. Manase Lomole Waya, Chairperson of the South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission
Hon. Chris Trott, UK Ambassador to South Sudan
Ms. Mary Boyoi, Executive Director and Founder of Voice of the Peace
Ms. Rosalind Crowther, Country Director of CARE International
Ms. Fiona Lithgow, South Sudan Logistics Cluster Coordinator
Hon. Yien Thiang Luoncy. South Sudan Humanitarian Coordination Unit Focal Point
A 15-minute moderated questions and answer session will follow the panel discussion. This will be an opportunity for media and audience members to address questions to all panel members.
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of OCHA South Sudan.
Newer news items:
- U.S. Threatens Visa Restrictions Over South Sudan Peace Process - 12/12/2019
- South Sudan faces famine after 'catastrophic' floods: WFP - 12/12/2019
- South Sudan joins Global Network to launch Accelerator Lab and Human Development Report 2019 - 12/12/2019
- South Sudan rivals hold rare meeting as peace deal stalls - 11/12/2019
- Methane pulse detected from South Sudan wetlands - 11/12/2019
Older news items:
- US sanctions 5 South Sudanese security chiefs over activists' disappearance - 11/12/2019
- South Sudan ‘ignored’ advice on number of states - 10/12/2019
- Sudan peace talks reconvene in Juba - 10/12/2019
- Unregulated Teak Trade Fuelling South Sudanese Violence: Report - 10/12/2019
- East Africa’s persistent counterfeits threaten Kenya-South Sudan trade - 10/12/2019
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19938 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 17487 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15717 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14886 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12366 times