- The foreign national was in the company of another Kenyan when they robbed a man in Kikuyu
- The police recovered a pistol and five rounds of ammunition when they arrested the two suspects
Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) have arrested a 23-year-old South Sudan national after he alongside another accomplice robbed a man KSh 3,000.
In a Twitter post, DCI noted the suspects were arrested with a pistol that had five rounds of ammunition when the police intercepted a vehicle they were using to escape after the robbery.
"The operation was triggered by a report from a male victim who was, at gun point, robbed off cash KSh 3,000, ATM card and his mobile phone in Kikuyu by three men," said DCI.
Police in the area were forced to shoot in the air in pursuit of the robbers.
Two of the suspects were nabbed and one of them escaped.
The Kikuyu-Nairobi route has become notorious with criminals posing as matatu operators plying the route who later end up turning against the passengers.
Barely a month ago, a man narrowly escaped death but lost his phone after he successfully got off a moving vehicle upon realising the other passengers looked suspicious.
- ^ police officers (www.tuko.co.ke)
- ^ Kiambu county (www.tuko.co.ke)
- ^ Ex-presidential candidate Dida believes many Kenyans will flee country if William Ruto becomes president (www.tuko.co.ke)
- ^ Raila Odinga says he has nothing personal against William Ruto (www.tuko.co.ke)
- ^ Seneta Sakaja awasuta maafisa waliomkamata Gavana Sonko, asema walimdhulumu (kiswahili.tuko.co.ke)
- ^ Tuko.co.ke (docs.google.com)
Newer news items:
- US sanctions 5 South Sudanese security chiefs over activists' disappearance - 11/12/2019
- South Sudan ‘ignored’ advice on number of states - 10/12/2019
- Sudan peace talks reconvene in Juba - 10/12/2019
- Unregulated Teak Trade Fuelling South Sudanese Violence: Report - 10/12/2019
- East Africa’s persistent counterfeits threaten Kenya-South Sudan trade - 10/12/2019
Older news items:
- South Sudan rebel leader arrives in Juba to resolve outstanding issues - 10/12/2019
- UN says regrets escalating violence in once peaceful parts of South Sudan - 10/12/2019
- South Sudan. Father Gandolfi (Friars minor): “May the Pope come and bring hope” - 10/12/2019
- South Sudan's underdevelopment driven by lack of strong institutions: experts - 09/12/2019
- South Sudan rivals to hold talks in Juba - 09/12/2019
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19724 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 16876 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 15308 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14647 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12177 times