Bafana Bafana have been drawn in Group C for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifying round.
Stuart Baxter's men find themselves in the same group as Ghana and Sudan while they will wait for the winner between Mauritius and São Tomé and Príncipe.
The clash against the Black Stars should be the toughest test in Group C. In recent years, Bafana have struggled against unfancied nations so they can't underestimate anyone this time.
Nevertheless, Bafana were placed in Pot 2, and they would be pleased to have avoided some of the big guns in the continent.
There are 12 groups with each consisting of four teams. The top two nations will qualify for the Afcon finals which will be staged in Cameroon in 2021.
Caf announced there will be four matches in the preliminary rounds from which the winners will then enter the group stages.
South Sudan will face Seychelles, with Mauritius and Sao Tome battling each other for the remaining spot in Group C.
Liberia has been handed Chad while Djibouti and Gambia have been pitted against each other in the final match of the preliminary rounds.
Newer news items:
- You (Yes, You) Can Help Scientists Identify Wildlife In South Sudan - 20/07/2019
- South Sudan: Free Detained Editor - 19/07/2019
- Sudan crisis: The ruthless mercenaries who run the country for gold - 19/07/2019
- South Sudan's economy to grow by 5 pct in 2019: central bank - 19/07/2019
- Sudan’s pro-democracy movement seeks postponement in deal with military - 19/07/2019
Older news items:
- m-GURUSH, an M-PESA-like mobile money platform launches in South Sudan - 18/07/2019
- South Sudan - USAID Crisis Fact Sheet #8, Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 - 18/07/2019
- South Sudan: A Graduate At 47, New Midwife Triumphs Over Life's Trials - 18/07/2019
- Explainer: What's at stake in Sudan's transition? - 18/07/2019
- South Sudan: ‘We are at risk and on the run’: Security agents track down peaceful protesters - 18/07/2019
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19438 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 15918 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 14828 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14352 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 11885 times