Moussa Marega of Mali
Friday Mar 22, 2019. 16:00South Sudan will be desperate to break their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying duck when they take on already qualified Mali at the Stade du 26 Mars in Bamako on Saturday evening.
Kick-off is at 21h00 CAT.
The Bright Stars sit bottom of qualifying Group C heading into the final round of fixtures this weekend, having yet to conjure a single point.
The East African nation conceded a minimum of three goals in four of their five matches thus far. Their most recent encounter ended in a 2-5 defeat at home to Burundi with Fiston Abdul Razak netting four goals in Juba.
In stark contrast, Mali have yet to lose a qualifier and booked their place at this year's showpiece in Egypt with a 1-0 win over Gabon in Libreville last year.
The Eagles sit top of the group with 11 points from their allotted fixtures. A draw against South Sudan will be enough to confirm the 2012 and 2013 AFCON bronze medal winners as group winners.
Mali beat their counterparts 3-0 in the reverse fixture thanks to goals from Moussa Marega, Salif Coulibaly and Adama Traore.
Newer news items:
- South Sudanese athletes to spend nearly 1 year training in Japan for 2020 Games - 23/03/2019
- South Sudan president top Vatican diplomat discuss peace implementation - 22/03/2019
- South Sudan plans to increase oil output to 200,000 bpd: official - 22/03/2019
- South Sudan athletes win 5 medals at Special Olympics Games - 22/03/2019
- How South Sudan won the longest war but lost peace - 22/03/2019
Older news items:
- MTN South Sudan plans $30m expansion as peace hopes build - 22/03/2019
- South Sudan’s prominent activist faces charges of terrorism - 21/03/2019
- South Sudan: African Development Bank, ATI support leads to US$ 27.62 million in commercial risk insurance cover - 21/03/2019
- South Sudan: Tax Authority Warns it Will Name Corrupt Officials - 21/03/2019
- South Sudan spends millions on cars, homes instead of peace - 21/03/2019
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19342 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 15638 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 14690 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14255 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 11799 times