Egypt's education sector has been working to complete a new educational system that willbe applied on school students of different ages and educational levels.
During a meeting with Egypt's Education Minister Tarek Shawki, Yai and his accompanying delegation affirmed the importance of cooperating with Egypt, asking the Egyptian side to provide South Sudan's education sector with Arabic and Islamic curricula.
They also demanded that Egypt trains South Sudanese teachers and prints South Sudan's school books. During the meeting, Shawki reviewed with the Sudanese side the new educational system, affirming the strong relations between the two African states.
In December, Egypt’s Ministry of Youth and Sports opened Africa Summer School 2063 in central Cairo’s Gezira Island, in the presence of Namira Negm, the African Union Legal Counsel. Launch of Africa Summer School 2063 activities at the Center for Civic Education at El Gezira island - Press Photo This school is the first concrete implementation on the ground of the recommendations of World Youth Forum, the aspirations of the AU’s Agenda 2063, the mechanisms of African Youth Charter and finally, the foundation of international relations of Egypt’s Vision 2030.
Africa Summer School 2063 is one of the projects of the fourth edition of the African Awareness Program, sponsored this year, from a technical standpoint, by the Panafrican Youth Union, the African Peer Review Mechanism Program in South Africa and the African Graduate School, as an academic partner, one of the oldest academic institutions specializing in African affairs in Egypt and the Middle East.
This year, for the first time, the African School is addressing a number of African issues among young people in the form of interactive learning. It is an important step that the State strives to invest to highlight its historical and strategic status and activate its foreign policy in favor of urgent African issues.
The most eminent Egyptian diplomats, academics and specialists participate in the activities of African Summer School 2063, as well as (100) Egyptian and African students of the total number of (4332) candidates after dividing them as follows: sons of the border provinces - non-Egyptian Africans - son of the governorates - sons of the institutions).
Ambassador Negm is the first Egyptian to serve as legal adviser of the African Union. Within the framework of the official duties of this high-level post, she was able to play an important role in the consolidation of the historic Pan-African Free Trade Agreement, hailed by the Heads of State and Government and by the experts for its positive impact on trade.
Newer news items:
- UK Government will send MAGGOTS to war zones in Syria and South Sudan - 11/01/2019
- Sudan activists: 3 protesters killed in clashes with police - 10/01/2019
- Sudan worshippers turn on imam over protests against President Bashir - 10/01/2019
- South Sudan issues advisory note to nationals in Sudan amid violent protests - 10/01/2019
- Electoral mayhem in the DRC, violent suppression in Sudan, and more - 10/01/2019
Older news items:
- South Sudan intensifies patrol to contain child abduction and cattle rustling - 10/01/2019
- South Sudan Customs Registers Significant Increase In Revenue Collection - 10/01/2019
- Letter from Africa: Why people keep cash under the mattress in Sudan - 09/01/2019
- Why is Sudan’s Genocidal Regime a CIA Favorite? - 09/01/2019
- Sudan town honors 'martyrs' killed in recent protests against government - 09/01/2019
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 19339 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 15634 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 14688 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 14251 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 11797 times