Dear brothers and sisters,
Our former veteran politician Uncle James Ogil Agor was hospitalized on Sunday, June 02, 2013 in Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota (USA) due to liver Cancer complications. Suddenly he died a week later on Sunday, June 9, 2013.
To mention the least, there were enormous wonderful contributions of Uncle James Agor to the struggle of the people of South Sudan to mention. Early on, Uncle James was a professional teacher, a journalist and later, he ascended to become a well known Veteran politician in South Sudan. He practiced politics in Southern Front, SSU and USSAP in the various Governments of South Sudan and Sudan. He was an MP in Upper Nile and South Sudan Regional Assemblies in South Sudan. He was an MP in Sudan Nation Assembly twice, in the 1960s and 1980s. Following that, he became a Minister without portfolio in the Council for the South during the Government of Sadiq Al Mahdi in late 1980s. After the over throw of the last democratic government in Sudan, Uncle James and many others established a strong underground opposition movement that resisted the national government until the time of his departure for USA in early 2000s.
Uncle James Ogilo Agor was survived by:
-2 wives, Madam Sarah Laa Nyadeng and Madam Mary Kiir Ajak.
- 9 sons, 9 daughters and many grandchildren to mention.
We in the South Sudan Community in Rochester, Minnesota, herein ask relatives, friends, fellow South Sudanese and all Christians to pray for his soul, and we also ask God to be by his beloved ones, give them strength, courage, health and comfort. In light of that, we hereby appeal to all of you our dear brethren to provide any affordable financial assistance to help his family with any further burial arrangement.
The family will hold prayers for Late Uncle James from 01:00 to 04:00 PM Central Time, Wednesday June 12, 2013 at First Presbyterian Church, 512 3rd St. SW, Rochester, MN 55902. On Thursday, June 13, the family will transport the body to Malakal via Juba. Estimated arrival date in Juba will be Saturday, June 15th, 2013. For any financial assistance, please address all transactions to Nyanok Agor – daughter of Late Uncle James Agor through one of the following channels:
• Account information: 9247548432: Wells Fargo Bank.
• Western Union Money Transfer, Money Gram, Dahaab Shill, and Amal Express.
For more info, please feel free to contact the family members: Jiban Ogilo James Agor, 507 216 1143; Nyanok James Ogilo Agor, 507 216 2531 (USA). For those in Juba, please contact Dr. Kuong James Ogilo Agor, +211929166747 or 956241261; Hon. Paulo Abai James Ogilo Agor, + 211956366403;
We remain thankful to all of you our brothers and sisters for your generosity to make it possible for our beloved Uncle, Mr. James Ogil Agor to be buried with full respect among his people and in his homeland, South Sudan.
Joseph Kur, Sam Ngor Ongethi, William Kassiano, Jur M. Kucha, Augustino Dere.
Newer news items:
- Death Announcement : Acwang Chol Lual - 24/05/2014
- Death Announcement : Engineer Matthew Othow Deng - 04/05/2014
- Preliminary List of Chollo Victims Killed In Malakal (Last update on 04/06/2014) - 29/03/2014
- Death Announcement : Uncle/Eng Angelo Othow Nyikango - 22/02/2014
- BIOGRAPHY OF LATE/ ELIZABETH TOR GAI JOKA - السيرة الذاتية - 14/07/2013
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- BIOGRAPHY OF LATE/ ELIZABETH TOR GAI JOKA - السيرة الذاتية - 14/07/2013 - Read 8156 times
- A word of thanks - Keni Adwok Nyaba [1978 – 2016] R.I.P - 28/04/2016 - Read 7561 times
- Death Announcement - Rev. Stephen Odok Ajawino - 07/10/2012 - Read 7553 times
- Mysterious death of Collo Young man in Juba - Abraham Jalyath Laa - 21/08/2015 - Read 7415 times
- Preliminary List of Chollo Victims Killed In Malakal (Last update on 04/06/2014) - 29/03/2014 - Read 7296 times