Santino Kuol Chan, 33, of Staunton, passed away suddenly Sunday, January 29, 2012 at Augusta Health, Fishersville. He was born in South Sudan, the son of Rachipiny Pagan Dewin and Nyayath Orach.
He became a "Lost boy of Sudan" due to the ongoing tragedies in his country and came to Virginia in 1992 as a refugee. Santino was formerly employed in the Surgical Department at Augusta Health.
He leaves behind his parents, his cousin Ywomo Byenyo of Alexandria, Virginia and his Sudanese "brothers" Wilson Kak, Arkanjelo Mayik, Tom Ayediker and Simon Otong.
There will be a gathering of family and friends from 12:30 – 2:00 P. M. on Monday, February, 20, 2012 at the Charlton and Groome Funeral Home, 961 Goose Creek Road, Fishersville and where a funeral service will be held at 2:00 P. M. conducted by The Rev. Rolo B. Castillo. Burial will follow in Thornrose Cemetery, Staunton.
In lieu of flowers, it is suggested that memorial contributions be made to the Valley Mission, 1513 W. Beverley St., Staunton, VA 24401, through Valley Mission's website www.valleymission.net or at one of their Thrift Stores.
Condolences and memories may be shared at www.charltonandgroomefuneralhome.com.
Newer news items:
- Death Announcement - Debora Otor Ajak - 11/07/2012
- Death Announcement - Educationist Mary Tekajwok Aba passed away in Malakal South Sudan - 23/06/2012
- Death Announcement - William La Aban Akwayi - 03/05/2012
- Death Announcement - Mother Achuiel Kwanyireth Oywach - 27/03/2012
- Death Announcement - pastor/Ngor Amum Ngor Yowin - 06/03/2012
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- Death Announcement - Rev. Stephen Odok Ajawino - 07/10/2012 - Read 7123 times
- BIOGRAPHY OF LATE/ ELIZABETH TOR GAI JOKA - السيرة الذاتية - 14/07/2013 - Read 7110 times
- Mysterious death of Collo Young man in Juba - Abraham Jalyath Laa - 21/08/2015 - Read 6812 times
- Obituary: Paramount Chief , Kwanyreth - Chol Dak Awu Goldit - 10/05/2013 - Read 6505 times
- A word of thanks - Keni Adwok Nyaba [1978 – 2016] R.I.P - 28/04/2016 - Read 6420 times