1. Unity & Language
LUCO's mission is to build unity among Luo people and form the Luo language to meet global linguistic standards in both written and spoken forms.
People who are called Luo are: Acholi, Alur, Anyuak, Blanda Boore, Brun, Chollo, Jopadhola, Funj, Joluo of Kenya / Tanzania, Jumjum, Kumam, Lango, Luo Bahr-El-Gazal, Maban, Pari, and Thuri.
LUCO will focus on: education, healthcare, career development, social services, and creating youth development centers.
A central activity of LUCO is compiling and documenting the history of Luo people.
Newer news items:
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- Collo Global Action (CGA) Protests Human Rights Violations in Upper Nile state, South Sudan - 29/03/2011 - Read 104748 times
- Should dowry be abolished in Collo community? - 13/11/2008 - Read 24534 times
- THE INSTALLATION OF THE SHILLUK (KING) RETH - 08/02/2008 - Read 15651 times
- الشلك أمة .... ولها حضارة ترقت في مدارج الحضارة الإنسانية - 23/01/2007 - Read 14708 times
- Chollo Petition to the United Nation Secretary General - 26/07/2010 - Read 13695 times