The Collo Resistant Front (CRF) has learned with great dismay and sorrow the death of Paramount Chief Agieth Okambo of 'Manyo' at Kaka area. A group of mercenaries and warmongers rooming about to plunder in Collo land on the account of paymaster in Juba was suspected to be behind this horrendous crime.
No one has claimed yet, the responsibility of Okambo's death, which took place on Saturday, 23 August 2014. According to reliable sources in the area, Okambo has been accused by un-named local militia an ally to the system in Juba of collaborating with the opposition forces in the area. Sources further indicated saying, the militia command lost no opportunity to arrest and savagely beat Okambo to death.
The CRF stands ground to follow investigation into the killing of chief Okambo who dedicated his entire life to serve the course of justice in Collo land. CRF is outraged by the news of Okambo's succumbing and bent to pursue those culprits who were behind this criminal act so that they face reciprocal justice.
Chief Okambo has been an inspirational leader to some of his colleagues and many other young generations in the area, he was known for his wisdom, eagerness to cope with advanced ideas and easiness to associate with everyone regardless of age and status; he was considered one of the few figures that have managed to shape affairs in the contemporary Collo Kingdom.
The murder of Chief Okambo was regrettable and certainly a great lost not only to the people of Manyo area and Collo at large, but also to the entire people of South Sudan. Okambo would go down to history as a hero in the course of searching for justice, peace, freedom, democracy and the rule of law in our land.
Long live the struggle of People of South Sudan.
God the almighty father rest his soul in eternal peace, Amen
CRF Media Secretariat
Manyo – Wadikona Administrative Area
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- شلو كأمة لها تاريخ وتحتاج للابناء لهم روح الوطنية للاثبات هذا التاريخ - 10/06/2014
- 350 Chollo (Shilluk) women, girls, Children abducted! - 12/05/2014
- Dho Colo (Shilluk/Chollo Language) - 26/04/2014
- الذكرى السنوى لرحيل الأب الروحى إستيفن أودوك أجاوينو - 26/09/2013
- ANNOUNCEMENT: ONE YEAR MEMORIAL SERVICE - Rev late Stephen Odok Goldit Ajawino - 25/09/2013
Popular news items:
- Collo Global Action (CGA) Protests Human Rights Violations in Upper Nile state, South Sudan - 29/03/2011 - Read 108552 times
- Should dowry be abolished in Collo community? - 13/11/2008 - Read 25344 times
- THE INSTALLATION OF THE SHILLUK (KING) RETH - 08/02/2008 - Read 16198 times
- الشلك أمة .... ولها حضارة ترقت في مدارج الحضارة الإنسانية - 23/01/2007 - Read 15144 times
- Chollo Petition to the United Nation Secretary General - 26/07/2010 - Read 14201 times