Greetings to you all in precious name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ- Amen, on behalf of the family of late uncle James Ogilo, I would like to express my gratitude for your stand with us in this difficult moment in our lives, we thank you for your sympathy, compassion love you have shown to us. You have real encouraged the family that they are not alone in this grief. May God reward you all for this kind of brother's spirit?
Please allow me to tell you about incident that took place today in Adhything,. The people who went to bury the body of our uncle James, were chased away under threat of gum by soldiers living in the place, some were beaten up, and one man his hand was broken, and among the people who were beaten up was legal advisor, Mr. Dawod Othow. The group was forced to leave Lel without digging the grave of late Uncle James Ogilo. Despite they have official letter from deputy Governor of Upper Nile, they were terrorized by South Sudan Army, what kind of nation that marginalized its citizens? It seems the black Arabs is coming back into South.
Those people who beaten up the people argued that this place belong to Jonglei State. Therefore, it is not acceptable for people of Upper Nile to bury their dead bodies in that place. Those people when back to Malakal. This attitude may implied that the Jonglei State are interested in the land and not interest in inhabitants of the land
Just some hour ago we were informed that the person who instructed the soldiers to carry out unlawful act was arrested and the family was asked to go back for digging tomorrow. Because you are faithful to us we will keep you inform in any development.
Rev Daniel Amum Odwel
Newer news items:
- شلو كأمة لها تاريخ وتحتاج للابناء لهم روح الوطنية للاثبات هذا التاريخ - 10/06/2014
- 350 Chollo (Shilluk) women, girls, Children abducted! - 12/05/2014
- Dho Colo (Shilluk/Chollo Language) - 26/04/2014
- الذكرى السنوى لرحيل الأب الروحى إستيفن أودوك أجاوينو - 26/09/2013
- ANNOUNCEMENT: ONE YEAR MEMORIAL SERVICE - Rev late Stephen Odok Goldit Ajawino - 25/09/2013
Older news items:
- Pachodo message - 09/02/2013
- Different Lifestyles between North and South Sudan - 16/09/2012
- Al-Bashir and Jaffer Nemiri in Shilluk dress - 07/09/2012
- Press Statement by Youth of Ngok Lual Yak & Dongjol Communities in the National Capital (Juba) - 06/09/2012
- Petition to the governor of Great Upper Nile State, Republic of South Sudan - 04/09/2012
Popular news items:
- Collo Global Action (CGA) Protests Human Rights Violations in Upper Nile state, South Sudan - 29/03/2011 - Read 138937 times
- Should dowry be abolished in Collo community? - 13/11/2008 - Read 27409 times
- THE INSTALLATION OF THE SHILLUK (KING) RETH - 08/02/2008 - Read 18634 times
- الشلك أمة .... ولها حضارة ترقت في مدارج الحضارة الإنسانية - 23/01/2007 - Read 16980 times
- Paper: A Historical background of the Collo - 22/08/2010 - Read 15541 times