Work with the South Sudan GWEP Coordinator, with The Carter Center Country Representative (CR), Deputy Country Representative (DCR) and Senior Operations Manager (SOM) to South Sudan, as well as with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Republic of South Sudan (RSS) authorities to perform the duties listed below.
1. Ensure all procurement is conducted according to organization’s Standard Operating Procedures, holding to the organization’s values, and ensuring timeliness and value for money. The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing one or more staff members directly, and for providing technical guidance to multiple staff in procurement-related roles.
2. Conduct and manage all South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya and other international-based procurement, including all aspects of the procurement cycle, by:
A. Procurement Planning
i. In coordination with technical staff, ensuring that procurement needs are accurately anticipated and planned well in advance of the need, in order to ensure timely delivery.
ii. Meeting and/or communicating regularly with requestors to ensure that the proposed purchase will satisfy the need of the requestor.
iii. Monitoring the delivery of goods and services to the requester as the final stage of the procurement process.
i. Ensuring the accuracy of goods and services procured such that requested specifications are matched.
ii. Monitoring status of ongoing work assignments and maintaining the schedule.
iii. Maintaining a relevant awareness of market changes i.e. new suppliers, new products/services, fraud trends etc.
i. Ensuring adherence to all organizational SOPs relating to the procurement function
ii. Securing competitive quotations for all goods and services required by program.
iii. Reviewing vendor quotations and negotiating costs of product for cost savings or award of contract.
iv. Preparing purchase orders based on cost effectiveness and product quality and/or availability.
v. Ensuring the accuracy and comprehensiveness of procurement process documentation.
vi. Ensuring vendor agreements for frequently purchased goods and services are active and managed.
vii. Verifying deliveries and invoices against purchase orders.
viii. Ensuring timely payment and processing of goods and/or services.
i. Ensuring tracking reports, Order Overview, Contract Tracker, etc., are kept up-to-date and available to all staff.
ii. Maintaining purchasing records and oversee the redundant archiving of procurement documentation in hard copy and soft copy.
iii. Providing regular reports on the status of procurement deemed high priority
iv. Ensuring that vendor databases are developed and maintained for all offices, hubs or sub-offices from which procurement activities take place.
E. Fraud Management - Working to identify and prevent fraud in the procurement function, undertaking regular critical reviews of purchases, periodic vendor visits, etc
3. Oversee and facilitate international shipping including transporter contracting and Customs and border crossing,
4. Ensure regular and effective collaboration between the procurement department and other departments within the program.
5. In collaboration with the Senior Operations Manager, seek to revise, update and innovate processes where beneficial.
6. Travel regularly to all locations within South Sudan and outside where procurement activities are taking place.
7. Effectively manage direct reports according to established organizational practices, with an eye to capacity strengthening, in order to ensure a positive work environment and highly productive procurement function.
8. Provide supervisory support for Kampala-based staff contracted by the South Sudan office.
9. Communicate with the Ministry of Health – Republic of South Sudan and with The Carter Center Atlanta (and Kampala, as needed) on logistic and coordination matters.
10. Coordinate travel of The Carter Center supported personnel when travelling through Kampala or Entebbe.
11. Represent the Carter Center at Logistics Cluster coordination meetings.
12. Perform other program duties as requested by the Senior Operations Manager, Deputy Country Representative or Country Representative.
- Two years of progressive experience in procurement capacity
- University degree level education, or proven work experience
- At least two years supervisory experience
- Fluency in English
- Able to work calmly under pressure, meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality of information, and foster teamwork
- Ability to make sound work judgments under difficult conditions, and to become technically effective with minimal level of attention from supervisors.
- Sound personal and professional conduct, and respect for the work of The Carter Center and the Ministry of Health of South Sudan.
Newer news items:
- UNICEF - National Consultancies - Nutrition Field Monitor (14 Positions - Various locations within South Sudan) - 14/06/2021
- UNDP Vacancy Announcement - Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst– SB4 (Service Contract ) - 10/06/2021
- UNFPA Vacancies - 10/06/2021
- UNICEF - International Consultancies -Polio and EPI Consultant and Communications for Development-Integrated Mobilization Network Coordinator to be based in South Sudan - 02/06/2021
- UNICEF - Internal/External Vacancy Announcement : Communication for Development Specialist, Fixed-Term, NO-C, Juba, South Sudan, Post#81201 - 28/05/2021
Older news items:
- WFP VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS - JUBA (2 POSITIONS), BOR (1 POSITION) - 17/03/2021
- UNDP Vacancy announcement - Peace & Conflict Officer(SB4) - PaCC - 11/02/2021
- UNFPA Vacancy Announcement - Admin/Finance Analyst (NOB) - 25/01/2021
- UNICEF - National Cold Chain Officer (Covid-19 Vaccine introduction preparation) - 16/01/2021
- Development of work-place policies on trauma healing (AFSC South Sudan Pilot Program) - 08/01/2021
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 204209 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 59003 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 34393 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 23198 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 22104 times