Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/16/2017.
Kindly those who applied should NOT Re - apply for this position.
Issued on: 13th November 2017
POSITION TITLE: Project Assistant (Re – Advertisement)
Closing date: 22 November 2017
National Personnel Project (NPP)
Duty Station: abyei
Duration: 6 Months WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION
South sudanesse only
Anticipated start date: Immediately
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASKS AND OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in South Sudan and direct supervision of the Area Coordinator in Abyei and Senior Project Manager in Juba and in support of the Deputy FAO Representative, the incumbent will contribute to the implementation of the project.
The National Project Assistant Admin will carry out the following duties:
- Administrative and liaison support
- Provide general administrative support to facilitate project activities and effective project implementation;
- Liaise with the Administrative/Finance, Logistics, Procurement and Operations Units on a timely basis on relative issues relating to project implementation;
- Travel and training coordination
- Coordinate and arrange travel – national and international – in support of project activities including preparing travel authorizations, processes requests for visas, ID cards, accommodation booking, transportation requests and other arrangements (maintaining electronic copies, and establishing a database record for the project);
- Coordinate all logistical and procurement aspects for workshops, trainings and events including preparing the purchase request for venue hire and technical clearance, stationary and visibility item requests, vehicle requests, attendance sheet and DSA/DFA advance requests (will establish a database for the project of all trainings conducted);
- Prepare applicable internal documents for operational advances (request and liquidations) and mission claims in respect to project travel and activities, and closely follows-up with the respective units;
- Project planning, monitoring and implementation
- Support the Area Coordinator or Senior Project Manager in organizing and conducting required meetings with stakeholders and planning exercises for the project;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- University degree in business administration, finance or human resource management;
- Two years of relevant experience working in a similar position;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Intermediate skills and competency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Office Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint computer packages, as well as with statistical software;
- Proven experience with UN regulations and procedures will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of English.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the Organization's administrative and HR policies, procedures and practices;
- Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps;
- Ability to interpret and apply administrative and staff rules;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple UN, NGO, governmental, and media agencies;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work.
Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping clients and colleagues informed;
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English.
Send your application to:
Alternatively the Applications can be dropped at FAO South Sudan Office in UN House, clearly marked with the VA Number
Applications must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.
This post is open to South Sudanese nationals ONLY
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Newer news items:
- IOM South Sudan Vacancies (15/12/2017) - 15/12/2017
- FAO - NRM and field extension Officer, Rumbek - 28/11/2017
- FAO - Logistics Associate, Juba. - 28/11/2017
- Vacancy Announcement - Multiple Positions - UNICEF Pakistan - 27/11/2017
- Vacancy Announcements at UNICEF MENA Regional Office, Jordan Country Office & Sudan Country Office - 20/11/2017
Older news items:
- UNHCR Internal/External Vacancy Notice : Supply Assistant, G4, (PN 10027664), FO Bor - 09/11/2017
- FAO Vacancy Announcement - Project Specialist - 07/11/2017
- Vacancy Announcement: NUNV Field Support Programme Officer. UNICEF South Sudan - 30/10/2017
- ILO - National Programme Officer (NOA) - Juba - 26/10/2017
- FAO - PROJECT ASSISTANT (ADMIN &LOGISTICS) - Yambio - 13/10/2017
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 206083 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 59303 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 34745 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 23334 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 22241 times