INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
VA No. UNMISS-NPO-16-18
VA Issuance Date: 28 August 2017
Deadline for Applications: 11 September 2017
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is seeking qualified candidates for the following post(s):
Title: Training Officer
POST OPEN FOR SOUTH SUDANESE NATIONALS ONLY
This post is located in Juba. Please note that anyone selected will be required to report for duty in that location on the agreed date AND will also be expected to arrange their own accommodations. There is no UN provided accommodation. If the selected candidate is unable to report to the identified Duty Station the contract will be considered void.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply 2
1 Locally-recruited General Service (GS) staff interested in applying for a National Professional Officer (NPO) post must meet the minimum requirements of the post, including academic qualifications and years of relevant professional experience. Experience in the General Service category does not count as professional experience. If selected, the GS staff member will be required to resign his/her current post before taking up the NPO post. There will be no break in service between the two types of appointments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief Training Officer, the Training Officer shall perform the following duties:
- Assist civilian, military, and police training chiefs to develop the annual plan for establishing an integrated approach to staff development and training and a UN interagency network with training components;
- Identify existing regional training providers as possible learning and training sources and establish learning and development network between UN agencies, NGOS/in-country and regional training providers;
- Develop the mission training facilities plan and formulate agreement with other training cells / units on the sharing of resources / facilities / costs in relation to integrated training center;
- Develop mission induction courses and liaise with the Human Resources Section on the hire of local staff / personnel for training purposes;
- Promote the services through development of brochures, photos and update activities and accomplishments;
- Compile bids for training from all sections in the Mission to produce the Mission training plan;
- Assist to develop and promulgate learning and development policies and mission training SOPs;
- Conduct liaison with Personnel Section to establish the Induction Training portion of the check-in process;
- Process training proposals and requests, follow up with trainers to ensure that training guidelines are adhered to and training reports generated;
- Maintain the Mission Training Plan and Liaise with budget section to ensure that funds are available for training activities;
- Processes the Training Unit responsibilities for staff members departing the mission for training as well as trainers coming to the mission for training;
- Coordinate the preparation and organization of training courses by ensuring adequate physical space planning, technology needs and duplication of course materials and other logistical issues;
- Monitor and supervises the booking schedule for all Mission training facilities.
Assist in collecting updating and consolidating statistical data and standard financial reports;
- Create systems for monitoring training applications, and examinations;
- Supervise the maintenance work unit files (both paper and electronics);
- Maintain the Integrated Mission Training Center Budget
- Monitor and reconcile the actual Mission Sections Budget expenditure and Training Inputs
- Create and maintain database to track expenditure on IMTC and Sections’ Training Budgets
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Professionalism: Proven conceptual, analytical skills and ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identifying issues, formulating options and making conclusions and recommendations.
Planning and organizing: Ability to prepare reports and defend recommendations. Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under supervision.
Communication: Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to orally communicate effectively. Ability to prepare reports and defend recommendations.
Technological Awareness: Solid computer skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, IMIS and relevant software packages.
Teamwork: Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Education: Bachelor or an advanced university degree in one or more of the following discipline: public or business administration, human resources management, education and social science or a relevant combination of a university degree and teaching experience at the university level.
Experience: At least two (2) years following completion of a Master’s Degree or equivalent (four “4” years following completion of a BA) of progressively responsible, relevant professional experience in teaching/training. Practical knowledge of using computer systems and on-line programs to support training would be an advantage. Proficient skill in the use of simple data bases (Access, Excel) is an added advantage.
Language skills: Excellent command of English and a thorough knowledge of Arabic and other Sudanese languages.
Other skills: Ability to plan, organize and develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Ability to identify various clients’ needs and to match appropriate solutions. Ability to manage performance and regularly discuss performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff. Ability to actively support the development and career aspiration of staff. Ability to analyze budgets and must have a financial background.
Candidates should submit with their applications the following documents:
1- Cover Letter (letter of motivation or application letter);
2- The United Nations Personal History form (P-11);
3- Copies Academic Certificate(s) and Degrees;
4- Birth Certificate – if not, a combination of (i) Assessment of Age and National Passport or (ii) Assessment of Age and National ID Card (the Assessment of Age on its own is not acceptable);
5- Three (3) letters of reference from former employers or academic instructors.
6- Internal candidates must submit two (2) most recent performance evaluations.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by e-mail and MUST include ONLY the VA No. in the subject line of their email. E.g. UNMISS-NPO-17-18.
To Human Resources Section, UNMISS Headquarters, Juba or to the UNMISS State Administrators Offices in South Sudan.
Newer news items:
- FAO - Vacancy Announcements - Driver Torit / Kapoeta /Pibor-1 - 26/09/2017
- WHO National Consultant – Immunization Financing Desk Review - 23/09/2017
- UNHCR Internal/External Vacancy Notice : Programme Associate, G6, (PN 10020855), RO Juba - 19/09/2017
- FAO - Vacancy Announcements (19/09/2017) - 19/09/2017
- UNICEF Vacancy Announcement - Security Assistants (GS-6), TA, Various duty stations - 11/09/2017
Older news items:
- UNICEF Internal/External Vacancy Notice : Senior IT Assistant, G5, (PN 10022312), Field Office Bentiu - 25/08/2017
- UNICEF Internal/External Vacancy Notice : Data Management Associate, G6, (PN 10020781), FO Yida - 25/08/2017
- UNICEF Vacancy Announcement - Programme Assistant (GS-5), Fixed-Term, Malakal - 08/08/2017
- UNICEF Vacancy Announcement - Programme Assistant (GS-5), Fixed-Term, Bor - 19/07/2017
- Vacancy Advertisements (2 Positions): P4 Education Specialist ECW, P4, Amman - Jordan (MENARO) & Education Specialist EAC, P4, Amman - Jordan (MENARO) - 18/07/2017
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 95539 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 24665 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 15220 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 12043 times
- UNFPA - Personal Assistant to the Representative - Juba - 15/08/2012 - Read 9925 times