- Written/Submitted by Carlo James Chol
- Category: Pachodo.org Community News
- Hits: 2191
(05.09.2012) As you have been following in the recent periods after the declaration of the independence of the republic of South Sudan some voices calling for rebellion against the state in some parts of the country especially in Upper Nile state, such calls became obviously understandable to the general Southern Sudan and international opinion that they were just mercenaries and individuals who were ruthlessly careless about their life therefore intentionally aiming to shed blood of the innocent South Sudanese for unjust course.
Dear masses,Our intention by issuing this statement is to shed light on the unruly behavior of some group of our people by bringing into your attention their mischief to disturb and disintegrate the security and stability of the nation mainly by targeting Upper Nile state.
As a matter of fact, these renegade groups have been paid by the National Congress Party in the Sudan to wage war against our republic, nevertheless, their monkey business were in vain.
Rightly, you may get astonished why we have issued this statement at this juncture bearing some outdated information though we consider it new as it is closely related to the issue which have bothered South Sudanese minds in newspapers edited in Juba in the last week specially El-Masser on Tuesday, August 21st, 2012, No. (447), and The Citizen on August 22nd,2012 highlighting Press Statement of the Committee (Cholo Intellectuals in Juba).
Esteemed South Sudanese masses.The statement held intimidating points to the Governor of Upper Nile Maj. Gen. Simon Kun Pouch protesting the appointment of the mayor and the raising of the municipality flag. Such threats appeared in a time when the entire citizens of South Sudan are in dire need of stability.
These so-called Cholo intellectuals' threats, though we certainly know that they do not represent "the Cholo's spokesperson" take us by surprise, especially when they say that "the state governor must remember that his decision and act can lead to disintegration and chaos in the state." These threats remind us of the barbaric, heinous and cowards' attack on Malakal Town in March last year by the militias led by the savage, outlaw Olony, and which caused hazardous causalities among the innocent civilians. Too, everyone knows the renegade's statement that "I'm fighting to liberate Cholo's robbed lands."
We, Ngok and Dongjol communities in the National capital, would like to assure you that there is a historical problem which we did not tackle after the CPA of 2005 i.e. we acknowledge the issue of borders demarcation between South Sudan and the Sudan. As such, how can we always be talking about the annexation of an area or a county or payam to a particular community? Such allegations are odd enough for rational men to delve in! Therefore, we will not wait or play on-lookers' role since they know, like us and the rest of South Sudan communities that there is land commission responsible to demarcate administrative boundaries between states and counties.
We narrate to you the following facts which Cholo Community is unaware of for prudence and history since the colonial times until the independence of the Sudan.
Firstly, the citizens of Ngok and Dongjol communities and Malakal Town were politically made to take part in the one geographical electoral constituency before and after the independence of the Sudan and throughout the national governments including the accused Salvation Regime, as Malakal has never been annexed to Pashoda nor Tonga one day.
Secondly, during the days of Socialist Union of President Nimeiri, the post of Secretary of the Central Area Secretariat (Malakal) used to be represented by the sons of Ngok and Dongjol communities, an indication of Malakal mergence with these communities.
Thirdly, after the enlargement of Malakal into several markaz including Baliet, the transfers of Police personnel were usually from Malakal Town to Baliet and Akoka while those of Pashoda and Tonga were taken from state Police Headquarters. This was another indication which proves that Malakal has been annexed to Baliet and Akoka.
Fourthly, all the government institutions in Malakal Province (currently Malakal County) were built by taxes and popular donations collected from the citizens of both Ngok and Dongjol as well as other tribes apart from Cholo whose taxes go to the building of their kingdom's capital, Pashoda. Thus, by what right do some Cholo intellectuals request that the Governor readjust his decision?
Dear South Sudan massesThe information we are relaying to you is for asserting the credibility and authenticity out of the misleading arguments of the Cholo intellectuals, as we also reiterate our full confidence that these henchmen of Khartoum do not in any way represent the Cholo tribe but are just seeking to create conflicts among the peace loving inhabitants of the state by disturbing its social fabric.
For your information, there is nothing called Makaal County in the Presidency's decrees when the Presidential decree was issued establishing the counties in Malakal County in 2009 and which coincided with the murder of All-Dinka paramount chief, Thon Wai Awin. It was claimed that some Cholo lands have been usurped illegally by outsiders, just as a pretext for political gains.
The reality was that Upper Nile was divided into four areas by then and the State Transitional Constitution for the year 2012, article (1) chapter (1) , and the Local Government Act for the year 2009, article (16) Chapter (2) section (b) pertaining to creation of municipalities. The four areas are:
1. Northern Area including Renk, Melut, and Maban
2. Western Area includes Pashoda, Panyikang and Many
3. Eastern Area includes Nasir, Ulang, Maiwut and Longchuk
4. Central Area includes Balliet, Akaka and Malakal Town.
As youth of Ngok Lual Yak and Dongjol communities in National capital we wholeheartedly welcome, support and endorse every word mentioned in the Transitional Constitution of Upper Nile State and the decree of the State Governor. We also condemn and reject seriously the intimidating, vulgar and ridiculous manners penned by Cholo intellectuals Committee as an attempt to cause storms in a tea pot in the state.Our firm, heroic people. We are not and have been one day mentors to the Governments, but are too keen and Zealot that South Sudanese rejoice in peace, stability and security to enable the government to deliver the essential services to the people.
Thus, we request the federal and the state governments to implement the following:
1. Putting these threats into serous analysis because they were coined by certain characters. Some of whom might be in the government (Cholo intellectuals).
2. Stoppage of any repetition of some issues pertaining to administrative boundaries
3. Elaboration of some issues seen by South Sudanese Citizens as vague (municipalities, townships) through their different forums.
4. Bringing to book everyone who participated in issues pertaining to security disturbance by the officials.
5. Everybody knows that all Cholo counties are situated in the Western bank of the Nile while Dinka counties fall on the Eastern bank and there is no boundaries between us and their counties save on the mid of the White Nile (Natural Borders).
In conclusion, long Live South Sudan, long Live People of South Sudan.Ngok Lual Yak & Dongjol Youth in the National Capital – Juba.
1. Joseph Deng Angaw Tel: 0955966302
2. Thon Arank Juba University Tel: 0955444436
3. Manywac Angaw Tel: 0912241369
Newer news items:
- ANNOUNCEMENT: ONE YEAR MEMORIAL SERVICE - Rev late Stephen Odok Goldit Ajawino - 25/09/2013
- Burial of Late James Agor Stopped under gun threat! - 16/06/2013
- Pachodo message - 09/02/2013
- Different Lifestyles between North and South Sudan - 16/09/2012
- Al-Bashir and Jaffer Nemiri in Shilluk dress - 07/09/2012
Older news items:
- Petition to the governor of Great Upper Nile State, Republic of South Sudan - 04/09/2012
- Condemnation letter: for Appointment of unconstitutional mayor of Malakal Township by Gov. Simon Kun Puoch - 03/09/2012
- Press Release by Collo Intellectual Chairman in Juba - 23/08/2012
- Alberta Pachodo (Collo) community Association - 30/07/2012
- NUMBERS AND BASIC MATHS IN SHILLUK (CHOLLO) LANGUAGE. - 27/07/2012
Popular news items:
- Collo Global Action (CGA) Protests Human Rights Violations in Upper Nile state, South Sudan - 29/03/2011 - Read 34357 times
- Should dowry be abolished in Collo community? - 13/11/2008 - Read 12232 times
- Chollo Petition to the United Nation Secretary General - 26/07/2010 - Read 6109 times
- THE INSTALLATION OF THE SHILLUK (KING) RETH - 08/02/2008 - Read 5107 times
- A Short History of the Northern Luo: The Collo People - 10/10/2010 - Read 4642 times