- Written by Pachodo.org News Room
- Category: Pachodo.org Latest English Articles
- Hits: 2040
1. Approved the report of the Southern Sudan Referendum results and applaud the people of Southern Sudan for their historic decision.
2. Commended and approved the report of the Chairman of the Southern Sudan 2011 Referendum Taskforce.
3. Unanimously approved the name of the new State as "The Republic of South Sudan".
4. Approved the name of the currency as "South Sudan Pound".
5. Approved the participation of Political Parties, Civil Society and faith-based groups and further approved the inclusion of their members into the established Technical Committee to review the Interim Constitution of Southern Sudan (ICSS).
6. Approved the post-referendum processes of National Anthem and Coat of Arms (emblem) to proceed as planned under the Taskforce Technical Working Groups' work plan with public participation in those activities.
7. Approved the current Flag which the SPLM has surrendered to the nation.
8. Approved that the draft of the amended Interim Constitution of Southern Sudan will be presented to the Political Parties Leadership Forum before it is presented to the Southern Sudan Legislative Assembly.
Juba, February 17th, 2011.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan should have a prime minister after independence - SPLM-DC - 23/02/2011
- MY COUNTRY DIVIDED - 23/02/2011
- SPLM/A Must Change its Official Name to Duly Reflect the Name of the New Country. - 21/02/2011
- GOSS Representative For Talks In Lonon University. - 21/02/2011
- What is Expected from South Sudan Constitution? - 21/02/2011
Older news items:
- Padang (Khorfulus) community Diaspora press release: a clear indication the community is behind the massacre - 18/02/2011
- The Jasmine Revolution: How Worried are the Sub-Saharan African leaders? - 15/02/2011
- SPLA is far from being a national army: a genuine response to Michael Mthaing! - 14/02/2011
- Fangak massacre: who to blame, GOSS or Athor? - 11/02/2011
- Is Abyei becoming another Kashmir in Sudan? - 09/02/2011
Popular news items:
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 11048 times
- Press Statement:The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum - 26/09/2010 - Read 8614 times
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 8117 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 5689 times
- Henna Tattoos - Dangerous beauty? - 12/08/2008 - Read 4961 times