- Written by Pachodo.org News Room
- Category: Pachodo.org Latest English Articles
- Hits: 825
JUBA, Sudan(AFP) — Hollywood star George Clooney is on a tour of south Sudan drawing attention to his fears for war as the region builds up to a vote on whether to break away from Africa's biggest nation.
Clooney is accompanied by a US television channel which has been giving details of his visits to mass graves and conversations with tribal elders.
"If you knew a tsunami was coming ... what would you do do to save people?" Clooney was quoted as saying by NBC journalist Ann Curry when he was asked about the likelihood of conflict in south Sudan, which is scheduled to have a referendum on January 9 on whether to remain part of Sudan.
She said in an earlier statement on her Twitter account that Clooney "fears a war is coming here."
Curry said the Hollywood star had visited a mass grave and had spoken to local tribal leaders. He is due to give an account of his visit next week in Washington.
Newer news items:
- Recommendation to Overcome Abyei CPA's Stalemate - 10/10/2010
- A Call for a Political Settelement to the Land Grabbing Conflicts in the Chollo Kingdom - 08/10/2010
- AN HISTORICAL ACCOUNT ON THE GROWTH OF MALAKAL TOWN, 1908 - 1955 - 08/10/2010
- BORDERS SHOULD BE LEFT OPEN - 08/10/2010
- South Sudan president pardons rebel army officers - 07/10/2010
Older news items:
- HISTORY OF SOUTHERN SUDAN (HOSS) - 06/10/2010
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010
- Non-Odious Debts and South Sudan Independence Challenge - 03/10/2010
- Announcing Naath Community Association of Edmonton - 02/10/2010
- Youth organizations advocating for separation are using wrong map - 29/09/2010
Popular news items:
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 11037 times
- Press Statement:The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum - 26/09/2010 - Read 8611 times
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 8047 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 5654 times
- Henna Tattoos - Dangerous beauty? - 12/08/2008 - Read 4945 times