- Written/Submitted by Okuc Peter Awol
- Category: Pachodo.org Latest English Articles
- Hits: 684
The press conference held by SPLA candidates in Juba after they lost election in Collo land would amount to political sell out.I could not up to now digest the news when I read the article posted to my inbox mail by Yirumodi forum that such individuals whom...
many of us look to as leaders or personalities who can stand up in defence of our people who are being singled out by the government of Salva kirr as his enemies and therefore collo people have to pay the price for their opposition against the policies of oppression pursued by GOSS.
I think any one who read that article could not believe what those politicians who wanted the collo votes in last election, would denounce and accuse the very people whom votes they are seeking. Unfortunately, those politicians did not want to accept the verdict of people nor did they stop to reflect why they lost the election to their rival candidates from SPLM/DC, instead they decided to accuse the SPLM/DC of rigging the election and also intimidation by collo militia. It was well documented that SPLM party was involved in vote rigging and intimidation of independent candidates during the election over the South that let me ask what was or is the motives of those individuals to claim that they lost the election in collo kingdom because the SPLM/DC had rigged the election and militia intimidation? Do they want to say that there are militia in collo kingdom and where were those militia when villages burned in Abanim and massacre of innocent people in Ankediar? Leave alone of beating innocent people by SPLA soldiers in Paniykang and Doliebhill recently? Can those individuals give us exactly the numbers of militia and who are their leaders if at all they do exist in collo kingdom.
For me the actions and the behaviour of those individuals are sell out and betrayal of the very people who they are supposed to stand up for and defend against; the new black Jellaba who portray themselves as liberators of Southerner Sudanese from Northerner Sudanese but their own actions and behaviour betrayed their actual motives.
I know not all the candidates accept the defeat in election and I had witnessed that in 1978 election during late president Numeri and it was last election held before the demise of his regime in1985. In that election my late father Peter Awol was a candidate in geographical constituency with those of late Nyryth Othownh Dak, Late Arop Yor Ayik and late Mathiew Obor Ayang and Othownh Dak, Obor group were the winners of that election. However, there was bitterness among the supporters of Ustaz Arop and that created some tensions between the supporters of Othownh Dak and supporters of Utaz Arop in Malakal town but, it subsided over the period of time without further tensions and division in the fabric of our community.
As I said the actions and behaviour of those individuals who held the press conference in juba had done damage in collo community at a time the collo land and people are the targets of tribal leader who claim to represent people of South sudan. How come the honourable individuals have forgotten the damage collo people have incurred from the hands of who are supposed to protect them against aggression from Jellab. I think these reasons are behind the lost of election of 20th April by the honourable individuals who should have accepted the verdict of people instead of selling themselves cheaply and tainted their reputation in eyes of the very people from whom they are seeking their votes.
It is very sad that those individuals have decided to put their personal interests above the collective interest and by doing so have created a rapture and crack in the fabric of society in difficult time for our people.
In conclusion once again, our people are being led down by their own sons and daughters in whom they put their trust to speak on behalf of them but that trust have been sold out in pursuit of self interest.
By Okuc P. Awol
Newer news items:
- Tribute to the Family of Late Manute Bol - 24/06/2010
- Justice John Luk: Set the captives free. - 24/06/2010
- BITES FROM MR PRESIDENT.PROMOTION or DEMOTION - 24/06/2010
- REQUEST FOR THE UNMIS INTERVENTION INTO THE SHILLUK---DINKA CRISIS - 23/06/2010
- FACTS ABOUT THE NEW CABINET OF SOUTHERN SUDAN - 23/06/2010
Older news items:
- spla's flipfloping behaviours and arrogance - 20/06/2010
- With SPLM’s Incredibility the Referendum Credibility is at Risk - 18/06/2010
- Advertisment from Ministry of Labour, Public Service & HRD-GOSS,Juba - 15/06/2010
- SPLA Should Cease Heinous Acts Against Shilluk People - 13/06/2010
- Kingdom Under Occupation - 11/06/2010
Popular news items:
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 10597 times
- Press Statement:The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum - 26/09/2010 - Read 8395 times
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 6286 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 4439 times
- Henna Tattoos - Dangerous beauty? - 12/08/2008 - Read 4370 times