- Written by Dr.Peter Adwok Otto
- Category: Pachodo.org Latest English Articles
- Hits: 1657
News reaching the people in Khartoum is wide range devastation of Collo Kingdom by the SPLA on the pretext of searching for arms. The reality is, Collo people are being punished for not voting for SPLM candidates as Salva Kiir, Yasir Saeed Arman, The governor, Oyay Deng Ajak, Alfred Akwoc and others.
Collo had always defied imperialist since time immemorial. Collo people had sacrificed for the south as they defended the northern entrance and kept the enemies at bay that prevented wide scale enslavement of the southern tribes. By the time Zaki Thamal was send on an expedition in 1888 by Abdullai El Tashi to collect war booties for starving Omdurman, Collo nation put on a stiff resistance that resulted in manslaughter till blood of Collo people flowed to the river like water at kandak near Kodok town. This blood was spilled for the south.
When Reth Kwickon wad Kwathker was killed at Jabel Gadeer with Khorsheed Bek the Turkish governor of Kodok , he was with four hundred strong young men his foot soldiers ,thus the population of Collo people had swindled from four million people. Collo people are known for protecting their territory which is an instinct even in the animal kingdom. The honor to defend your territory is not matched. Collo are a democratic kingdom where a king is brought to the throne by an electoral college. What is spectacular about Collo is the ability to punish even a mischievous king who never goes by the book. Examples are many. This character is not present in all the kingdoms. Thus aggressors would be punished with impunity. Once a decision had been passed and accepted, to undo it would be second to impossible.
Why the SPLM candidates were failed in the Kingdom of Collo was because of trespasses the chairman of SPLM had done in the KINGDOM allocating the land to Dinkas at Piji an act which will have a long lasting impact on the relationship with the chairman and any one who supports him even if he was a Collo. Good people admit mistakes and aspire to resolve them. For those Collo fellows who do not know the history of Collo or those turning a blind eye and a deaf ear, let them be told that no matter how you conspire against the people you will kill them until you are fed with killing and come to you senses, but no rights will be compromised.
El Ansar fought bitter wars with the Collo, Nyigir Awin the most populated ever in the Kingdom had to dig their legs to knee deep or rap leg to thigh in order not to run from the enemy, that explains why blood of the people had to run to the river like water, but this depicts very rare sense of bravery, some would term it stupidity, at the end of the day is an honor to die for ones territory. For those of you even if you are Collo who condone giving away the land, you are an enemy.
Nimeri in his political naivety kept on arresting innocent people that they were communist, including those who never heard of the ideology, tortured them and put them in prison when they emerged, they were formidable communist cadres. You keep on accusing the Collo of custody of arms falsely, one day you will force them to own arms that shall be regrettable given the anger that is building because of bad governance in south Sudan. General Oyay Deng Ajak I believe he Knows Adhidhiang which is a part of Panyidway he is not allowed to go there as citizen, because that had become Piji.
The CPA had not been concluded in order to marginalize others including Oyay and Alfred who fought bravely during the war of the so call liberation. But how are you liberated to fall under another bondage? The failure of SPLM in elections in the Kingdom in spite of the support tallied by our spiritual leader whose position got defied by the common man, should be an eye opener that something real serious needs to addressed.Teach all other people about democracy and wars, but not the Collo people.
SG of SPLM party was very clever for not attempting the elections because he knew would face same fate. Like in exams to fail once means you did not study proper or never understood the subject matter well, so you get at work for the second chance which you will surely pass. But never be like some one who runs for presidency and when he fails, tears the constitution which he would have used to govern the country. At any time Collo had never been afraid of death from invaders this song reflects so “Wi yieki yeko Panyikango banyi thomi”.
Newer news items:
- Banditry killing of paramount chief in Collo land is a warning to all political leaders - 24/05/2010
- Opportunistic, Reactionary Revolutionaries. - 24/05/2010
- SPLA/M is Creating a Hell On Earth in Shilluk Kingdom - 24/05/2010
- Death Announcement - Mr. Luigi Adwok - 23/05/2010
- Let SPLM withdraw from GONU and Earth will stop Rotating? - 18/05/2010
Older news items:
- To Salva Kiir: Don’t Fuel Athor’s Rebellion - 17/05/2010
- Sudan is governed by two lions - 15/05/2010
- Implication of Alcohol bans by Telar Ring Deng - 15/05/2010
- Discovering the South: The Dilemma of Sudanese Democrats - 15/05/2010
- Video produced by Southern Sudanese children to show on SSTV - 13/05/2010
Popular news items:
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 11047 times
- Press Statement:The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum - 26/09/2010 - Read 8613 times
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 8111 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 5686 times
- Henna Tattoos - Dangerous beauty? - 12/08/2008 - Read 4961 times