- Written by External Source
- Category: Latest (South) Sudan News From Various Sources
- Hits: 200
CARE is currently seeking a motivated and dynamic leader to serve as the Country Director. The Country Director (CD) is CARE's senior representive in the country of her/his assignment and is responsible for ensuring that CARE's work in that country contribute to CARE's vision of "a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been eliminated and people live with dignity and security". The CD is expected to provide strategic leadership and guidance to the country office team and ensure that CARE's role and mandate in the country are appropriate to the operating context and position CARE as partner of choice and a significant contributor to reducing poverty and social injustice.
The CD is responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the CO strategy and a program portfolio (including emergency programming) that effectively addresses the underlying causes of poverty in line with CARE's Programming Principles. S/he must also ensure that systems are in place and being properly implemented that ensure the proper management, well being and safety of CARE staff and the proper stewardhip of CARE resources. The CD is responsible for promoting Gender Equity and Diversity and ensuring an organizational culture where CARE core values - Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence - are practiced, team work is encouraged and all staff feel valued. S/he is responsible for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with host government officials, donors and other partners.
- Staff Management;
- Strategic Planning;
- Strategic Support;
- Human Resources;
- External Relations and Partnerships.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field;
- 8 years in senior management position in development field;
- Program Management;
- People/Relationship Management;
- Financial management;
- Information /Knowledge Managemen;
- External Relationships/ Fundraising.
- Master's Degree in related field;
- 10 years in a senior management position in development field;
- Experience and knowledge of operationalizing a rights-based approach;
- Experience in development of program support systems and operational procedures;
- Experience with management of a diverse workforce;
- Demonstrated experience with proposal development with range of international donors (i.e USAID, EU, DFID,CIDA);
- Experience and skills in organizational change processes.
Location- The position will be based in Juba, South Sudan with frequent travel to the three field locations.
Hardship position due to security issues; unaccompanied; Housing: offered in one compound for all expats - independent room - fully serviced - Limited vehicle use at night – Internet connection- Basic fittings; high inflation in country although most normal items available in shops; Restaurants and bars in town.
Come make a difference and work for CARE!
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
Apply on-line today at: www.care.org/careers
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at anytime.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan plans mediation between Ethiopia and Eritrea - Chicago Tribune - 24/10/2012
- Sudan: Rebels shell southern border town, kill 2 - WGME - 23/10/2012
- Sudan rebels say shelling resumes around oil state capital - Reuters - 23/10/2012
- South Sudan: Political Recklessness and the Danger of External Interventions - Sudan Vision - 21/10/2012
- South Sudan VP speaks in Maine - WGME - 21/10/2012
Older news items:
- South Sudan: So many stories remain untold - Sioux Falls Argus Leader - 21/10/2012
- South Sudan Vice President visits Portland - WGME - 20/10/2012
- Political Partnerships: The Case of the Republic of South Sudan (2-2) - Sudan Vision - 20/10/2012
- South Sudan envoy visits Vels University - The Hindu - 20/10/2012
- Nurse finds peace in South Sudan - Brisbane Times - 20/10/2012
Popular news items:
- South Sudan troupe sees new country's struggle in Shakespeare - Los Angeles Times - 17/05/2012 - Read 3882 times
- Tackling Blindness in South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 09/11/2012 - Read 3296 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 3272 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 2842 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 2695 times