- Written by External Source
- Category: Latest (South) Sudan News From Various Sources
- Hits: 168
We first told you about the organization Aqua Africa in July. The goal is to provide fresh, clean drinking water to South Sudan. That country's vice president visited Omaha on Saturday.
Vice President Riek Machar and Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle discussed how the city helped grow one of the largest Sudanese populations in the United States. The group included Buey Tut of Aqua Africa, who talked about South Sudan's need for water and the role Aqua Africa plays in helping develop those resources.
“It was great for the mayor of Omaha to hear how the South Sudanese government is helping us facilitate our project in South Sudan and it was great for the vice president to hear how supportive the Nebraskan public have been to get our project off the ground and to keep it sustainable."
Aqua Africa plans to drill seven additional water wells in the coming year.
(Photo courtesy of Christine Elizabeth)
Newer news items:
- South Sudan: Foreigners are ordered to register for water business in Jonglei ... - Borglobe - 07/10/2012
- Sudan to reopen border with South Sudan: state media - Reuters - 07/10/2012
- Sudan opens borders with South - The Australian - 07/10/2012
- Suttle meets with South Sudan official - Omaha World-Herald - 07/10/2012
- Irish security company has South Sudan in its sights - Irish Independent - 06/10/2012
Older news items:
- Home Grown Peacekeeping Strategies in the Republic of South Sudan - Sudan Vision - 06/10/2012
- South Sudan aims to end oil asset row with Sudan in 2 months - Reuters Africa - 06/10/2012
- Peace, welfare of Sudanese people to be secured - The News International - 05/10/2012
- South Sudan security forces abusing civilians - Amnesty - Mmegi Online - 04/10/2012
- South Sudan, Sudan bilateral agreement: A welcome milestone - Times of Zambia - 04/10/2012
Popular news items:
- South Sudan troupe sees new country's struggle in Shakespeare - Los Angeles Times - 17/05/2012 - Read 3878 times
- Tackling Blindness in South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 09/11/2012 - Read 3268 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 3252 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 2828 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 2647 times