- Written by External Source
- Category: Latest (South) Sudan News From Various Sources
- Hits: 195
You are here : World › News
September 19, 2012 14:59 PM
Sudanese President Accepts Invitations To Attend Summit With South Sudanese Counterpart
KHARTOUM, Sept 19 (BERNAMA-NNN-SUNA) -- President Omer Al-Bashir has accepted invitations to attend a summit meeting with his counterpart from South Sudan, President Salva Kiir, on Sept 23.
The invitations came from the Chairman of the African Union High-Level Implementation Panel for Sudan, Thabo Mbeki, and the Ethiopian Prime Minister, Haile-Mariam, whose country's capital, Addis Ababa, will host the meeting.
The messages were conveyed to President Al-Bashir here on Tuesday evening by the visiting Ethiopian envoy, Nessan Johannes, who said in a press statement that the messages he delivered to the president dealt with the invitations to President Al-Bashir to participate in the summit between him and South Sudan's President Salva Kiir.
He added that the message from the Ethiopian Prime Minister affirmed his commitment to boosting efforts for peace between Sudan and South Sudan.
The Ethiopian envoy said President Al-Bashir had accepted the invitation and agreed to participate in the summit between him and President Salva Kiir on Sept 23.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Malaysian National News Agency,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution
Newer news items:
- Severe water shortage in South Sudan camps: Red Cross - Ahram Online - 20/09/2012
- Girls, not guns: The promise of progress for South Sudan - WNN - Women News Network - 19/09/2012
- Crowded S. Sudan refugee camps on the brink - The Associated Press - 19/09/2012
- Isolated South Sudan camps crowded with refugees; with more expected aid ... - Washington Post - 19/09/2012
- Sudan refugees flee intensified bombing runs - The Associated Press - 19/09/2012
Older news items:
- South Sudan: Making progress in Yida camp - Borglobe - 19/09/2012
- Our South Sudanese Good Muslims: Brief Analysis on Recent Global Muslims ... - Borglobe - 19/09/2012
- South Sudan: Making progress in Yida camp - Medecins Sans Frontieres - 19/09/2012
- Anti-LRA operation: Col. Olum takes over command... - New Vision - 18/09/2012
- African Union forces start hunt for Joseph Kony - The Seattle Times - 18/09/2012
Popular news items:
- South Sudan troupe sees new country's struggle in Shakespeare - Los Angeles Times - 17/05/2012 - Read 3871 times
- Tackling Blindness in South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 09/11/2012 - Read 3237 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 3227 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 2807 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 2593 times