- Written/Submitted by External Source
- Category: Latest (South) Sudan News From Various Sources
- Hits: 200
You are here : World › News
September 13, 2012 15:07 PM
Sudan-South Sudan Negotiations In Addis Ababa At Specialised Committees Stage
ADDIS ABABA, Sept 13 (BERNAMA-NNN-SUNA) -- Negotiations here between Sudan and South Sudan on outstanding issues between them following the secession of the south to become a separate nation from the rest of Sudan in July last year have now reached the level of the specialised committees.
The joint specialised committees on security, political issues, economic issues and border issues held meetings Wednesday in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa.
The Sudan News Agency (SUNA) learned that the African Union Mediator for the negotiations between the two countries is currently engaged in formulation of a framework agreement on the economic issues covering matters related to debt, trade, pensions, arrears and economic co-operation.
The spokesman and member of the Sudanese government delegation, Badr-Eddin Abdalla, said Wednesday that there existed a very broad accord in the views of the two sides on issues, indicating that there were no big differences between the two.
He added that the African Union Mediation had now embarked on the final formulation of final framework agreements concerning the work of the economic committee.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Malaysian National News Agency,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution
Newer news items:
- Exclusive: South Sudan to split Total oil block - officials - Reuters - 13/09/2012
- Exclusive: South Sudan to split Total oil block - officials - Reuters Canada - 13/09/2012
- South Sudan plans China-backed $2.5 bln university project - Reuters - 13/09/2012
- Hamis Hamadin Isa Zaag, “They were killing everyone” - IRINnews.org - 13/09/2012
- South Sudan doubles primary enrollments, but still has work to do - Bikya Masr - 13/09/2012
Older news items:
- Sudanese flee conflict to grim life in South Sudan camps - Pakistan Daily Times - 12/09/2012
- South Sudan Doubles Primary Enrollments, but Must Stop Dropouts, Boost ... - World Bank Group - 12/09/2012
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees - Voice of America - 12/09/2012
- South Sudan Opens New Road Linking Juba to Border - Voice of America - 12/09/2012
- Sudanese flee conflict to grim life in South Sudan camps - Sin Chew Jit Poh - 12/09/2012
Popular news items:
- South Sudan troupe sees new country's struggle in Shakespeare - Los Angeles Times - 17/05/2012 - Read 3592 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 2402 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 2218 times
- Tackling Blindness in South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 09/11/2012 - Read 2032 times
- Clinton urges Sudan, South Sudan reconciliation - USA TODAY - 03/08/2012 - Read 1989 times