- Written by Kangatin Ocur Chol
- Category: Pachodo.org Community News
- Hits: 1450
As I am writing this piece of news there is a heavy fight going on in Collo Kingdom. The motives are unknown as we could not get first hand information from the ground.
The fighting is between the SPLA and a group of Collo Youth who are settled in the area of Dur in Thothim Chieftaincy for the purpose organization and integration into SPLA.
This group of young people organized themselves last May 2010 as resistance to the atrocities of SPLA against the civilians. During that time a disguised programme of a civilian disarmament was created, but in fact it was for the harassment of the local people. The aftermath was undesirable including a number of deaths and imprisonment of innocent people.
Newer news items:
- Collo Global Action (CGA) Protests Human Rights Violations in Upper Nile state, South Sudan - 29/03/2011
- ANALYSIS OF MALAKAL CRISES: BACKGROUND TO CONTINUE CONFLICT - 25/03/2011
- Cain and Abel “Am I my brother’s guardian?” - 16/03/2011
- List of Chollo arrested by SPLA military intelligence - 16/03/2011
- Petition to Mr.Salva Kiir Mayadit, President of Republic of Southern Sudan - 13/03/2011
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- Collo Global Action (CGA) Protests Human Rights Violations in Upper Nile state, South Sudan - 29/03/2011 - Read 26286 times
- Chollo Petition to the United Nation Secretary General - 26/07/2010 - Read 5185 times
- THE INSTALLATION OF THE SHILLUK (KING) RETH - 08/02/2008 - Read 4333 times
- A Short History of the Northern Luo: The Collo People - 10/10/2010 - Read 3864 times
- Paper: A Historical background of the Collo - 22/08/2010 - Read 3790 times